Little Hats, Big Hearts

My dear friend Liz surpised me with a shipment of yarn from KnitPicks for a project I am most eager to undertake! Thank you for being my yarn patron, Liz!

The Little Hats, Big Hearts is a campaign to raise awareness of heart disease and congenital heart defects in infants. Each baby born in February (American Hearth Month) is to receive a handmade red hat.

This project touches my heart because my grandfather died from heart complications and my sister A was born with a heart defect that wasn't discovered until she was 17. Thankfully, A was able to have a surgery that ensured better blood flow to her body and saved her life.

You can read more about the campaign here: Little Hats, Big Hearts.

You can order 100% arcrylic Brava worsted weight yarn from KnitPicks. It is wonderfully soft and has a bit of a shimmer, just a pleasure to work with!

Comments

Popular Posts