The Reading Woman

When I go shopping for a gift, I find myself wishing I were shopping for myself. What could be easier? I know what I like, but I don't always know what others will appreciate. Before Christmas, I was out amidst the bustle of holiday shoppers when I chanced upon a lovely engagement calendar. It was just the sort of thing I thought would make my daily obligations a joy to take on because it was filled with beautiful paintings and inspiring quotations about reading. I used some constraint and forbade myself from buying the calendar, thinking if it were still in the store in January, I'd splurge.

Sadly, when I returned to Branson after the holidays, the calendar was gone. There was nothing to be done about the fact; I'd simply have to live without it.

But then, when I got back to school, I found one of my good friends and co-workers had brought a present for me all the way from sweet Gail in Minnesota. And when I opened it, do you know what I found? You guessed it! The Reading Woman engagement calendar, as well as Victoria magazine's book on decorating, House in Bloom.

It's true that good things come to those who wait.

Comments

Popular Posts