On the Virtues of Napping


Napping's virtues, if they can be called that, were, I suspect, overlooked by us as children when napping was a mandate and not a luxury. But as an adult, I feel almost guiltyif I give in to my need for rest. As if I'm catering to a deep craving when I slip away for a mere fifteen minutes of sleep in the daytime. But perhaps napping is more a necessity than mere luxury. Could it be?
In these past two weeks, I've pushed myself to keep going in the afternoons, not allowing time for a siesta. Gradually, I feel myself slipping into old patterns of negative thinking and a general disenchantment with life. Perhaps I shall try a little experiment to see if a nap in place of tomorrow's afternoon cup of coffee makes a difference in my ability to cope.
Want to join the Siesta Club?

Comments

Popular Posts