Odyssey

I have been on holiday at home this past week, and happily so as it has given me time to get organized. Too, it's given me a chance to think back over some the places I've been. An acquaintance of my sister is traveling in Greece, and I couldn't help exulting in the recollection of my own Greek odyssey. Here are some pictures from the cold and windy day in February, four years ago, that I visited the Acropolis in Athens.

The Parthenon, Athens
Below the Acropolis, Athens

Mars Hill, Athens

Just below the Acropolis is Mars Hill where St. Paul preached to the superstitious Athenians as recorded in Acts 17.
The city sprawls out from in all directions. An Athens travel brochure claims the city as the center of the world and if you can see it from Mars Hill or the Acropolis, you can understand what makes Athenians so sure of the city's position.

Carytid Porch on the Erechtheion, the Acropolis, Athens

Comments

Popular Posts