Rachael, in her generosity, has made me the happiest woman alive: I have the use of a sewing machine again, and a very nice Necchi at that! I sit behind it at my desk, wielding the tools of my former trade, my laptop, for the time, shoved aside. My tools are strewn amongst cords; bits of thread and fabric litter the the desk, my lap, the floor, as another dress for Catherine's little Lizzie takes shape under my hands. The sofa, too, is shoved aside, jutting out into the room to make way for the ironing board. The creative process is not a tidy one, I find, even though the outcome can be beautiful. Life is that way, too. We might make a mess of things, but God, in his wisdom and design, fashions beautiful people from our lives' scraps.

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose," (Romans 8:28).

Comments

Popular Posts