I had the serendipitous opportunity to go home Monday night through Wednesday, the 4th. In the past, the 4th of July has been a big family celebration. During their 25 years on the Farm, my grandparents hosted the extended family for an annual reunion, replete with potlock picnic, talent show, and evening fireworks. This year we demonstrated our patriotism by drinking tea.


On the spur of the moment, Mum and I called on Betty-gram Wednesday. Chelsea's family were visiting again from Virginia. I met this delightful young woman, her parents, and brother over Christmas break. Having exchanged addresses, we have kept in touch by the post, and were thrilled to renew our acquaintance over tea at her grandparents this week


Chelsea makes tea like her grandmother: Lipton's in the cup with milk and Splenda. Purist though I consider myself, I love it made this way, served in Betty's blue and white teacups.


Comments

Popular Posts