As a little girl, my questions drove my mother to distraction. I still have an inquiring mind, and I find that I am unique in that at age 26, my sense of wonder remains intact. As an adult, I have seen some of the ways the world works, but lacking formal education, haven't always understood why. Many of my classmates are bored by our instructors' lectures. I asked one boy in my French class why he chose French instead of Spanish or German, the other two languages offered at C of O. "I failed German, and I thought French would be easier than Spanish," he said. "I just hope I pass." I find class lectures fascinating, and I am taking French not merely because I need six credits in a foreign language, but because I hope to use it in my travels, I'll never forget being in the Charles de Gaulle airport, not knowing enough French even to be polite!

Comments

Popular Posts