Life in town is not the novelty I thought it would be. Strange how we spend so much time dreaming about the future. Wherever I go, whatever I do, I feel so normal. My sister dreams of Italy; I want to live in Israel. If we lived in those far-off countries, those would be our realities. When we were on the farm, town seemed like the solution to our problems; on a busy street with tidy houses crammed in close around ours, the country seems a luxury we surrendered for convenience. I miss the wide expanse of green fields, the huge walnuts and sycamore in our yard, the way the wind whipped my skirt into a hoop, early-morning walks, birdsong. Here we have civilization: a field of souls to reap for the Kingdom and God has placed us here for reasons known to Him and still something of a mystery to us.

Comments

Popular Posts